The crypto winter is over, and BTC is on the rise again, meaning many people are scrambling to get their hands on the coin before it skyrockets. For starters, there are several ways to buy Bitcoin, including bank transfer, Skrill, PayPal, WebMoney WeChat, credit cards, debit card, and many more. However, in this guide, we are going to focus on how to buy Bitcoin with a credit card on various platforms. It’s important to note that these days its much more comfortable to buy BTC using a credit card than it was in the past.
Buying Bitcoin With A Credit Card On Exchanges
The issue of chargebacks has been mitigated through anti-fraud companies, and presently, we have more companies that accept credit cards as a payment option. The one drawback of using a credit card to buy BTC is that its more expensive than other alternative ways and it doesn’t allow chargebacks like wire transfer or cash.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at five platforms where Bitcoin can be purchased using a credit card.
Coinbase is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world. The platform boasts over 20 million users around the globe and has a presence in 32 nations. It’s also one of the exchanges that allow users to purchase Bitcoin using credit cards. However, it charges a 3.79% fee on all credit card transactions, which is quite fair compared to other platforms. Also, whenever a user buys BTC worth more than $100, they get a bonus of $10.
As a beginner, you will find the exchange favorable as it offers several advantages, including; a user-friendly interface, relatively low fees, and it has an established reputation. On the flip side, its customer support can sometimes take long to respond to issues, and the exchange isn’t available worldwide.
- Visit the official Coinbase website and create an account.
- Proceed to the settings page and scroll to the payments methods and then choose “Add Payment Method.”
- Choose Credit/Debit Card.
- Enter the card information.
- Once you have confirmed the card, proceed to Buy/Sell and purchase your bitcoins.
- The BTC will be sent to your Coinbase wallet.
Binance is known across the crypto market as one of the largest exchanges and easiest to use for beginners. It also features hundreds of coins which you would not have access to on Coinbase.
Binance added functionality for buying crypto with a credit card this year. And it’s an easy process to do. Once bought, you can trade Bitcoin or Ethereum for many other coins
- Visit Binance and sign in or make an account
- Navigate to the Binance Credit Card purchase screen
- Enter the amount you’d like to purchase
- The site will take you to a checkout screen with more info on the company Binance partners with for the transaction
- Once confirmed, your credit card purchased crypto will appear in your account and you can start trading!
Bitpanda is a crypto exchange that is based in Austria and primarily serves the European market. The exchange allows users to buy BTC using credit cards and recently increased its daily purchase limit from €2500 to €10000.
Beginners will find Bitpanda appealing in that it offers a clean user interface and charges relatively low fees compared to other exchanges. However, on the flip side, the exchange primarily serves European nations, and this denies users based in other parts of the world the chance to enjoy its services.
- Visit the official Bitpanda website and sign up.
- Verify your account by confirming your identity.
- Proceed to click on the “BUY” icon on the home page.
- Select Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency you want to buy and select credit card as the payment method.
- Enter the amount you want to buy.
Bitstamp is a crypto exchange that is based in Luxembourg that allows Bitcoin purchases using a credit card. The exchange primarily focuses on the European market but does support many other nations that are not in the EU.
Beginners will find the exchange favorable as it supports multiple payment options, accepts customers around the globe, and has an excellent reputation. On the flip side, the platform is not very, and the verification process can take a long time.
- Visit the Bitstamp official website and click on “Register” new account.
- On the next page, choose “Personal account.”
- Enter personal details and proceed to click on “Open Account.”
- Check your email address to verify the account and proceed to identity verification.
- Once your identity is verified, on the home page, click “Deposit.”
- Choose Credit Card as your preferred payment method.
- Deposit the required amount.
- After the deposit clears click on “Buy BTC.”
- Enter the amount you intend to buy and click on Buy BTC.
LocalBitcoins is a peer to peer market place that facilitates over-the-counter trading of local currency for Bitcoins. The Bitcoin startup is based in Helsinki, Finland, and allows users to post advertisements on the website, state the exchange rates and the payment method for buying and selling BTC.
One of the accepted methods of buying and selling bitcoins is using credit cards. However, beginners are advised to filter sellers wisely to avoid falling for a scam. It’s essential they view the reputation of the seller and profile information before they do any business. Interestingly, beginners will find out that not all sellers will be willing to do business with them since they are new, and they are afraid of getting scammed as well.
LocalBitcoins offers many advantages, including a user-friendly interface and a wide variety of sellers. On the flip side, sellers are likely to take higher fees for credit cards due to the risk of getting scammed.
- Visit localBitcoins website and signup on the platform.
- Search for sellers that accept credit cards for payment, but, since the platform doesn’t offer a global search, one has to shift through different countries.
- Choose a seller that has a reputation of over 98% and has conducted a considerable amount of trades. Also, ensure you read their terms of trade before making the purchase.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin you intend to buy and click on send a trade request. (buy BTC using credit card)
- Ensure you follow any additional requests the seller makes.
Coinmama is another crypto exchange that specializes in BTC purchases using credit cards, but, they usually charge a premium for their services. One good thing about this exchange is that it doesn’t set a limit on the number of bitcoins one can buy, and once the purchase is confirmed, the user receives the coins instantly.
New users will find this exchange appealing as it offers fast services, excellent customer support, and the platform has a good reputation.
- Before signing up on the exchange ensure you have a BTC wallet as this platform doesn’t hold the coins for you.
- After creating a Bitcoin wallet, proceed to sign up on the official Coinmama website by entering your identity details and a password.
- On the homepage, choose the number of BTC you would like to purchase and enter the currency you would like to pay in.
- Click “Buy.” If you had not verified your account, you would be taken to a page where you have to submit a photo of your ID. The verification process can take up to two hours.
- After the account is verified, you are free to buy BTC with your credit card.
- Enter your Bitcoin address.
- Enter payment details and place the order.
You should know the risks of investing with credit before you follow any of these steps, as well as the risk inherent in the crypto market. That said, if you’re looking for an alternative investment strategy, you can learn how to buy bitcoin with a credit card on the sites above.