Crypto News – 28 May – CoinGecko clarifies HitBTC ‘partnership,’ Yoni Assia on BTC adoption and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 28 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 28
1) Bitcoin orphaned block: Earlier today, the digital gold was placed in the spotlight yet again after BitMEX Research reported an orphaned block. The tweet stated, “Bitcoin experienced an orphaned block this morning”. Notably, this was the first orphaned block produced in the months of March, April, and May, 2019. Prior to this, an orphaned block was recorded on 11th February 2019.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JK7KW6
2) SBI Virtual Currencies delists BCH: SBI Holdings’ Virtual Currency exchange announced that it would be delisting the cryptocurrency next month. The exchange announced the same through its official blog post.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HGXprS
3) Samsom Mow on Bitcoin: Samson Mow, CSO at Blockstream, gave his input on the subject during an interview recently and suggested that “social consensus” gave Bitcoin its intrinsic value. Mow also stated that Bitcoin was valuable because it was a non-correlated asymmetric return asset, which was also “uncensorable” as it was impossible to block Bitcoin transactions.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2I40fGj
4) BTT is seventh largest among top-100 tokens: Cryptocurrencies saw a rally in the prices of most major cryptocurrencies on May 26. Tron’s BitTorrent [BTT] saw a massive rise in its price, leading the token to move up to the 31st position on CoinMarketCap. Justin Sun, Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Tron and BitTorrent, had announced that BTT will enter the top 30 by the end of May.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Mbj9jV
5) Cryptopia hack update: Cryptopia, the now-defunct New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchange, released an update for its customers on 27 May 2019. Along with the update, the exchange also released a copy of the United States Bankruptcy Court of New York approving the firm’s “emergency motion for provisional relief.”
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X9M3lF
6) BTC crosses $2 billion in daily trading volume: A recent analysis indicated that the top 10 Bitcoin exchanges cleared almost $2 billion in trade volume on May 27. The reason why this figure is significant is that gold, an asset that Bitcoin is competing with, cleared only $1.2 billion in terms of trade on the same day.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2WwJTiA
7) Bitcoin whales become proactive: With BTC approaching $9,000, whales have been more pro-active in transacting the cryptocurrency. In three separate transactions listed by Whale Alert, Bitcoin whales have moved significant volumes whose wallet origins are unknown.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VR8cDP
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter